Company: The Classical Academy of Franklin
Reports to: Headmaster
Department: 4th Grade Teacher
The Classical Academy of Franklin (TCA) Overview
The principal objective at TCA is to train young men and women to think clearly and listen carefully with discernment and understanding; who reason persuasively and articulate precisely; who are capable of evaluating their entire range of experience in light of the Scriptures, and who do so with eagerness in joyful submission to God. We desire our students to recognize cultural influences in the light of Scripture, and not to be swayed or tempted towards evil by their culture. We hope, by God’s grace, to raise up young men and women who are zealous for truth, hungry for goodness and sensitive to beauty.
The principal objective for our 4th Grade Teacher is to train our young students in the way of Christ and to learn how to balance social skills and academic excellence with grace. The ideal candidate will demonstrate love for children in his/her past and not only align with, but strongly support and be passionate about upholding TCA’s mission and values.
- Plan effective lessons based on the school’s approved curriculum
- Demonstrate the ability to instruct every subject according to a biblical worldview
- Create and maintain a safe, organized and stimulating learning environment
- Demonstrate and model personal examples of good behavior and self-control, strive to maintain positive relationships with every student and their family, use discipline procedures that are redemptive and restorative
- Flexibility – be able to apply different teaching styles, if needed to meet the needs of varied learners
- Maintain a proper classroom management plan
- Be proficient in technology – updating and keeping accurate records in our database system
- Be proactive in seeking development opportunities
- Attend all staff meetings / training and required school events; which include, but are not limited to: In-service days, Teacher Summer Workdays, Student Testing, Parent Orientation, Back to School Bash, Parent-Teacher Conferences (requires extended hours), Grandparents’ Day (requires extended hours), Open House events, Reformation Day, Christmas Program (in the evening), Vision Night (in the evening), Speech Meet Finals (in the evening) and Field Day.
- A proven track record of successful teaching/assisting positions (and/or equivalent experience) from a Biblical perspective
- BA, BS required; Master’s degree preferred
- Teaching and/or training in a Christian classical setting preferred
- Must have a strong commitment to your Christian faith and show joy in your daily walk with Christ
- Must possess and demonstrate a love for children
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills with staff, administration, parents and students
- High level of consistent communication, discipline and follow-through
- Must be energetic and have a can-do, positive attitude
The compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please apply using the ‘Apply Now’ button below, or send your resume to: email@example.com and note 4th Grade Teacher in the subject line.